Department of English
The English Department of Government College for Men, Kurnool, helps students build knowledge of the content and methods of learning English language academic, professional, creative writing and Quality Communication for Personality, and Nationality. Strive to enable the students to acquire communicative competence so that they make quality use of language as a means of creating conducive human environment imbued with vibrant interpersonal bonding, common understanding leading to global harmony.
- To impart English communication skills to the students.
- To equip the students with manners, etiquettes and soft-skills.
- To enable the students to use English language as a tool for employment and physical prosperity.
- To develop interest among the students regarding literature as a fine art.
- To inculcate aesthetic sense and human values among the students.
Establishment of the Department : 1971
Pattern of Study : CBCS
Courses offered : U Graduation and Post Graduation
Programmes : BA, B.Sc.(Micro-Biology,Bio-Techonolgy, BZC, MPC, MPCS,MSCS),B.Com(Gen&C.A)
Post Graduation : M.A English
Add on Courses 02
Number of Teachers : 03 (Male -02 and Female -01)
Teachers with Ph.D : 02
Teachers with M.Phil : 03
Minor Research Project :01
MANA TV lessons :01
Publications : 39
Books : 06
Paper Presentations 80
MoU’s and Collaborations ::0 2
Methodology adopted in Teaching ; Student Centric Role Plays, Quiz, Debates Group Discussions, JAM Sessions, Brain Storming, Eliciting
Highlights of the Members of the Staff
Board of Studies Members
Subject Expert Committee Members
External Peer review committee Member
Key note speakers in National Seminars
Membership in professional bodies
Innovative Practices of the Department
- Pick and Speak
- Learning English through Advertisements
- News Paper Reading
- Vocabulary Building through News Papers