Brief History of the Department:
Government College for Men is the first government men’s college in Kurnool which introduced Computer Science and Applications at UG level. The Department of Computer Science & Applications was introduced in the year 1998. The Department imparts excellent technical education for the students in global changing and challenging technological world. It is a restructured course in combination with Physics , Mathematics,statistics.
To be renowned itself as a reputed organization in Computer Education and Research aimed towards betterment of society by providing quality education.
- To provide quality education to meet the need of profession and society.
- Establish Industry Institute Interaction program to enhance the entrepreneurship skills
- Provide exposure of latest tools and technologies in the area of Computer Technology.
- Promote research based projects/activities in the emerging areas of technology convergence
The Computer subject is offered with different combinations as follows:
B.Sc - MPCs
Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science
B.Sc - MSCs
Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
The department possesses 02 fully equipped computer labs with adequate furniture with Internet facility through Wi-Fi. The department follows Semester system with Choice Based Credit System from the Academic Year 2015-16.
Highlights of the Department:
- Well equipped computer laboratory with LCD projector.
- Organizing outreach programs.
- Organizing guest lecturers.
- Organizing student seminars, elocutions, group discussions and quiz programs to improve communication and technical skills, and also encouraging students to participate in workshops and projects.
- Using effective ICT teaching methods like animated pictures, PowerPoint presentations and visual charts for easy understanding by students.
- Department imparts Computer Skills to non-computer students.
- Learning through MOOC’s is encouraged for students.
Best practices of the department:
- Self employment based Certificate courses are conducted for Students